The purpose of the Article “POTATO MUSHROOM SOUP WITH LEEKS” is to guide you on how to make mushroom soup at home.
A creamy mushroom potato and leek soup made without any cream!
Cream-based soups are an exemplary cooking strategy, yet there are genuinely countless more choices and ways of making that smooth surface in soups. What the vast majority may, or may not, understand is that potatoes are an amazingly straightforward and sound fixing to use to assist with making the rich consistency of a cream-based soup with a lot lighter choice. Try not to misunderstand me, I am supportive of sound cooking fats, yet dairy doesn’t work for everybody’s dietary requirements, so it’s great to have a few unique choices and choices to go to, and this mushroom, potato, and leek soup is by and large that.
POTATO MUSHROOM SOUP WITH LEEKS
Whether they are crushed, cooked, or prepared, potatoes are an absolute solace food and that is by and large the thing they accomplish for this in all actuality do in this dish. Despite the fact that potatoes have unfavorable criticism for being an “awful carb”, I can guarantee you that isn’t true by any means. Potatoes are a rich wellspring of mind-boggling sugars, energy, they are high in fiber and an extraordinary wellspring of minerals. (In the event that you are as yet not persuaded, have a perused of my blog entry All About Carbohydrates where I separate the general mishmash sides of carbs.)
Notwithstanding the potatoes, mushrooms are the genuine superfood in this dish. The restorative utilization of mushrooms has an extremely lengthy custom in Asian nations that returns millennia, so it’s a miracle we North Americans are simply seeing their advantages now. These little bits of parasites are inconceivably resistant supporting, help to safeguard heart wellbeing, and are additionally a decent wellspring of vitamin D. There are many mushroom assortments, however the more normal supermarket accessible ones incorporate button, cremini, shitake, chanterelles, clam, porcini, and portobello.
This potato mushroom soup formula is a blend of two of my undisputed top choice kinds of soup; potato leek soup and cream of mushroom soup. This specific formula requires a blend of mushrooms, so go ahead and explore different avenues regarding anything ones you can find. As a rule, the more modest mushrooms make better flavor in the soup, so search for porcini, chanterelles, and cremini for the most extreme character.
You can involve any mix of mushrooms for this mushroom, potato, and leek soup formula, anything that you have in the cooler will turn out great.
- 4 large white potatoes
- 4 leeks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups mixed mushrooms (button, cremini, shitake, etc…)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: Extra mushrooms and olive oil to serve
- Set up the vegetables. Strip potatoes and cut into shapes, you ought to have around 2 cups of potatoes. Dice leeks, white and green parts included. Strip and mince garlic. Generally, cleave mushrooms into equal parts or quarters.
- In a huge pot on medium hotness, liquefy spread and add diced leeks. Saute for 5-7 minutes until leeks are delicate.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the pot, season with a touch of salt to assist with extricating water, and permit to cook for another 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms have cooked down.
- Add diced potatoes and thyme to the pot (stems eliminated), and mix well to consolidate.
- Cover vegetables with stock, mix to consolidate, and permit to cook 30 minutes until potatoes are delicate.
- When the soup has cooked, and the potatoes are delicate, utilizing a drenching blender, or transferring in groups to a blender, puree the soup into a smooth consistency.
- Contingent upon your potatoes, you might have to add somewhat more stock or water to thin the soup on the off chance that it is excessively thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The soup can be filled in with no guarantees, or I like to include an extra sauteed mushrooms on top. Essentially heat oil in a little skillet, add diced mushrooms and saute until brilliant and firm. Top the soup and add the last shower of olive oil prior to serving.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 317 calories
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 56 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 11 grams